First FocOz Product
The first FocOz ® camera will be sold in a kit including
the camera itself and a software package for processing the
images acquired by the FocOz camera.
The FocOz Camera
- FocOz® Technology
- Up to 3 differently focused shots, moving targets, moderate speed
- Up to 8 shots, still life
- 5 Megapixel sensor
- 3 X Zoom, 35-105 mm (equivalent 35 mm)
Press here to view the camera from different angles.[NEW]
The FocOz camera has a 5 Megapixel sensor and is capable of taking
several differently focused images in a sequence. The focus settings
will be selected by the photographer. The images in the sequence will
be downloaded to the computer using a USB interface. Using the
FocOz software, the photographer can select images and sequences
that will be merged into a resultant image with infinite depth of
Please read the section
What is FocOz to learn more about
how the camera and software system work.
The FocOz Software
The software package is easy to use and runs on high end computers
with up-to-date versions of the Windows operating system.
After you have installed the software, start it. The "Start Helper"
pops up and you can press the "New Project" button and select a
name for your project. A "project" is a set of images and the
necessary information required to make a FocOz image. A project
file is created to store the image information and other
settings you choose.
After selecting a project name you must select the differently
focused images. This is done using a standard open image
Let us assume that you have selected two differently focused
images. In that case, the main window of the program
might look like this:
To process the image set and create a FocOz image, press the
"Process" button. Depending on the performance of your PC, this
will take some minutes.
A similar FocOz resultant image as processed in the example above,
is shown in the
download section of this website.
Merging the images is very computing intensive and includes
heavy-duty calculations and data processing. Therefore
the following hardware requirements apply:
- Intel P4 / 2GHz or AMD XP2000+ or faster processor
- 512 MB of RAM or more
- True color (24bit) XGA (1024 X 768) display or better
- 1 parallel port (LPT) free or only standard printer connected.
The parallel port will be used for the hardware key ("dongle")
- 2 GB free hard disk space (or preferably much more)
Supported operating systems
The software will work on Windows 2000 Professional and XP.
It might work on Windows NT, but this is neither tested nor
supported. The software will not work on Windows 95, 98
The FocOz software uses advanced copy protection technology, including
state-of-the-art hardware keys, to avoid software piracy.
Typical applications of FocOz technology are:
- Product photography: get all units in focus
- Extreme super macro: from 3 cm to infinity in focus
- Nature Photography
- Portraits: get two or more people in focus even though at
different distance from camera
- Press conferences: get both Blair and Bush in focus simultaneously
Read more on FocOz applications here.
FocOz® is a registered trademark of Sven-Åke Afsenius.
(1) Infinite depth of field: By this we here mean the full
range interval from the horizon down to minimum focusing
distance of the lens.
(2) Registered trademarks of Intel and AMD.
(3) CD-ROM players, tape streamers, external disks that are
connected to the parallel port might interfere with printer port
operation making it impossible to get the hardware key to work.
(4) Registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
(5)We would recommend Windows XP Professional over the
Windows XP Home Edition.
Scandinavian Nightvision AB reserves the right to change
specifications on the products without prior notice.